FedEx Announces 2018 Shipping Rate Changes
On September 18, FedEx announced their 2018 shipping rate changes. The details affect list rates, surcharges, fees and other factors that impact your shipping rate.
Effective Jan. 1, 2018, FedEx Express, FedEx Ground, FedEx Home Delivery®, FedEx SmartPost® and FedEx Freight rates will increase, and FedEx One Rate® pricing will increase by an average of 3.5%. Keep reading for more details around important changes for those who ship parcels, and to popular FedEx Express and FedEx Ground rates.
Important Changes For Those Who Ship Parcels, Effective Jan. 1, 2018
- FedEx will begin applying a dimensional weight (DIM) factor of 139 to all SmartPost packages starting January 22nd. Learn more and calcualte DIM weight on dimweightresources.com by Neopost.
- Additional Handling Surcharge increases by one Dollar (9.1%) to $12
- Address Corrections increase by one dollar (7.1%) to $15
- Delivery Area Surcharges increase by $0.10 and $0.20 in most cases, depending on the service type
- Residential Delivery Charge is up to $4.15, an increase of $0.30 (7.8%)
- Oversized Charge increases by $7.50 (10.3%) to $80
- 1lb. Ground Zone 2 increases by $0.33 to $7.58
- A Third Party Billing Surcharge will apply to FedEx Express and FedEx Ground shipments that are billed to a third party
Changes to Popular FedEx Express and FedEx Ground Rates, Effective Jan. 1, 2018
- FedEx Express package and freight standard list rates will increase an average of 4.9% for U.S., U.S. export and U.S. import services.
- FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery standard list rates will increase an average of 4.9%.
- FedEx International Premium® rates will change.
- Minimum rates for FedEx Express® services will change.
- FedEx Ground Multiweight® rates will change.